Sunday, August 16, 2015

*insert clever title for insomnia inspired paragraph*

This is hardly a blog post. In fact, I've been lying in bed for awhile, trying to fall asleep.

It's more of a blurb, a thought bubble.

Tonight I had an email waiting for me from my future theatre professor at Louisiana Tech. She was excitedly talking about the "welcome new graduate students" barbecue meet and greet that would be held 2 days before classes start, on Labor Day. She also explained that new students would be meeting with her that day to be advised on classes and get all of the remaining information they needed before the quarter began.

I immediately panicked, because due to an out of town wedding in which I am participating, I will not arrive on campus until Tuesday sometime...which means I miss the barbecue, I miss meeting everyone, and I miss the advising session. It means I will be the last one to arrive, the last one to know things, and the last one to meet people.

It's me, so I'm freaking out on the inside. I hurriedly replied to my professor, but I'm still waiting for reply. I honestly don't know what to do about the situation. It's not how I wanted this next season of my life to begin; out of sorts, confused and alone.

So I tried to clear my head, push it out of mind and go to sleep. But this phrase from a song we sang in church this morning was blaring through my being, repeating over and over and over and over and over and over and over. At first I thought it was just because I had heard it a few hours earlier. But suddenly the words repeated, ringing somehow louder in my mind.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, every fear is gone
I know He holds my life, my future in His hands.

I don't think that's a coincidence. Do you?

Even if I show up to Tech with absolutely no idea about anything, I don't need to fear.
Even if everyone else has made friends and I'm late to the bonding party, I can face tomorrow.
Even if it seems like nothing is going my way, He holds my life.

Maybe now I can sleep.


1 comment:

  1. Lex. You are one beautiful person! God's got you and everyone will love you even if you are late to the "bonding party". Hugs and prayers that you sleep better tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete