Wednesday, May 11, 2011

500 Days of Summer...or Something Close to It.

So, summer has begun...I'm three days into it...and I already find myself bored and looking for something to do.

So I decided to start this blog. I know this is a really lame post, but it's the best I can do right now.

So if I ever get any followers on here, it's going to be up to you to give me something to write about. For now, I guess I'll just talk about my life and what I do. Which is completely and utterly boring.

I'm currently living in Appomattox, Virginia, which is where I've lived since I was 7. For you Bryan people who don't know, my parents are both in the music ministry department. They work at Liberty Baptist Church, and so my entire life has been surrounded by music. It's what I come home to on every break, and it's also what I go to school for. Yep, Piano Performance. Sometimes I don't know why I chose that. But I did, and I'm halfway through it. So yay. :)

Anyway, while I'm here in the Appo, there's not a whole lot to do. We have a Walmart, which is pretty exciting...until you go in and realize it's one of those smaller versions of Walmart, and thus has nothing that you actually need. Welcome to my town.

On the upside, we're an extremely historical town. The Civil War ended in Appomattox, the surrender happened about 10 minutes from my house. We have our own national park. The Surrender Grounds. Sounds great, huh? It is about the first 50 times you go. *ahem* Every year we have the Railroad Festival, which is terribly exciting. Tourists from all over come to see our parade and visit the Appomattox Courthouse. I'm not a huge history buff, so I pretty much try to ignore all of it. Except for the food. That's pretty good.

Ok, well, I'm pretty sure no one is going to read this, so I'm going to stop now. Hopefully my next post will be more interesting.

-Lex

6 comments:

  1. I read it :) And I love the Blog Title :) And I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider me on board. I will definitely read what you write. :)

    -Linja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you say that it's up to your followers to give you something to write? I've heard it said that you should read what you want to write. If you want to be a good poet, read good poetry, you see. I'd recommend checking out some blogs about things you're interested in and see if you'd like to fashion your writing toward any particular direction. I like writing about a scattering of topics, and I think it's fun to read when people just write what's on their minds.
    Whatever you do, do it with gusto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this was TODES boring... make the next one more TOTES exciting. You should blog about something witty and by cynical. Then slap a Bible verse at the end with a "just kidding".

    ...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By "by" I meant "be". "be cynical" ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your stuff....I want to know what inspired your love of Llamas please....

    ReplyDelete