Sunday, November 24, 2013

One Day I'll Eat With Chopsticks In My Apartment While Changing a Diaper...(Life Goals)


So I was looking through my blog...I don't really update it that much. I find myself wishing I could write more often, but when I sit down with a blank page in front of me I discover that I have very little to say. Whether that is the result of having no talent in the writing department or simply that my life is not that exciting right now, who can say. However, I found my post from long ago on the 21 things I hoped to accomplish before turning the age of 21. It was slightly humorous and much more depressing to see how many of those things were actually completed. 

Three.

Yes, I got straight As through my junior year.

 I gave a somewhat successful junior recital. 

I saw a llama. 

That was the extent of my accomplishments. Man, I really lived that year, huh.

It has motivated me to create a new list. I realize that there are only 5 1/2 months left before my 23rd birthday, but I am determined to make myself live life to the best of my ability.

Some of these things are silly.
Some of them are downright meaningless. 
Some of these have already been completed (for instance, I've lost 30 pounds, I've become more consistent in my spiritual walk, and I'm supposed to get an iPhone next week *knock on wood*). 
Some of them mean more to me than you could ever realize. 

Here's to telling you the stories behind each one someday.

23 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 23
1. Finish my Theatre Degree.
2. Finally have an iPhone.
3. Write letters to my friends at Bryan on a regular basis.
4. Find someone older to mentor me.
5. Lose 30 pounds.
6. Get to the point where I exercise every day.
7. Save up at least $300 in my savings account.
8. Apply for grad school.
9.  Learn to eat with chopsticks.
10. Have daily time with God.
11. Go on a real date.
12. Help with a proposal.
13. Go on a weekend camping trip.
14. Take a whirlwind weekend trip to Nashville.
15. Read a book by my one of my favorite authors, Charles Dickens.
16. Read a book by an author recommended, P.G. Wodehouse.
17. Make my college scrapbook.
18. Visit Bryan College at least 3 times next semester.
19. Learn to cook….well.
20. Run a 5K.
21. Learn to change a diaper(no, I never had to).
22. Have my own apartment.
23. Take jazz piano lessons.

5 comments:

  1. When you say that you have very little to say, it is NOT the result of having no talent in the writing department. Your blog is very entertaining and well thought out. I enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 11... is that one for the next 5 months, or because you've never had one, because if that is the case, then some guys life is a lot bluer for not having had that experience. I'm going to assume the former and ask what Dickens book you're going to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Beau...I've read Great Expectations and David Copperfield, both of which I absolutely loved. So I'm not sure which one to choose next. Any thoughts?

      Delete
  3. #15--I love Dickens books as well! I got about halfway through Great Expectations several weeks ago, but I haven't picked it up since then. I will probably have to start it all over again because I've forgotten most of the characters already ;) Dickens has SO many characters in all of his novels!

    #17--Haha...oh yes, the college scrapbook :) I still have a big box of stuff in my closet waiting for me to scrape together enough time and energy to actually scrapbook it all :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I didn't know Wodehouse was an author! The things you learn... I love these. I don't have any specific goals. Maybe I should get some.

    ReplyDelete