Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week #15: Sometimes There's Nothing to Say.


My 2016
Week #15



Sometimes There's Nothing to Say.

I spent quite some time sitting in front of my computer today, trying to put words together, trying to sum up this past week. 

But to be perfectly honest, I don't have a lot to say. 

It was an exhausting week. When we weren't slaving away on the set for Love's Labour's Lost, we were in a 48 hour work call for our final LTCA event, hosting the Elisa Monte Dance Company. (If you've never prepped a space for a dance show, it is RIDICULOUS.) We were all running on fumes and the week wasn't even halfway over. On Saturday we had another work call to catch up on LLL work, and then that evening we hosted a workshop with a former alum of the program and a Disney casting director. All of these things were lovely, but all in one week? Everyone was practically dragging themselves around the building, and now it's Sunday evening. Another week is about to begin, and we've hardly had a chance to catch our breaths.

On top of that, my roommate and I found out that we had lost our apartment for next year, and long story short, I'm now looking for off campus housing. 

This picture was taken while prepping for LTCA, and it makes me smile...because while I'd like to think I'm balancing everything in my life perfectly, posing happily so that the people around me will see me and think "She's doing so great! She's totally got everything together." But the truth is...I'm actually like Anne in the background, watching everything topple and inwardly screaming at the potential wreckage. 

But, despite all of the stress and ridiculous lack of sleep and the homework piling up and the events still waiting to happen...it's going to be over soon, it's going to all work out, and it's going to be ok. 

Somehow.

I know this is short, but as I said before, sometimes so much happens in a week that you can't find the words to describe it. 

Suffice it to say--I survived. 



No comments:

Post a Comment