Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 17: We're Almost There.


My 2016
Week #17


We're Almost There.

This is going to be one of those blog posts where I don't have a lot to say...mostly because I'm completely exhausted and am having trouble formulating my thoughts.

A lot has happened this week; a whole lot. We opened Love's Labour's Lost on Tuesday, and it was a wonderful opening. We had great audiences every night, and the cast and crew did an amazing job. I was so proud to sit out in the audience and watch everything come together, just as we knew it would. 

On Thursday, my college roommate Emilie came to visit and to see the show. She is going to be attending LA Tech in the fall as a grad student, and I am beyond excited to have her here with me. It felt so wonderful to have her on campus, to meet my friends and get to know the department. Next year is going to be AMAZING!

Today was the final performance, and as we tore down the set (which hurt my heart because we'd slaved away for weeks on that beauty), I was flooded with thankfulness for the entire experience, as exhausting as it was. This production not only helped me grow as a director, but gave me some amazing friendships. I was able to hang out, eat, laugh hysterically, joke, and be myself around people in a way I hadn't been able to until now. I'm finally figuring out who my real friends are, and it's a wonderful feeling. (Here's to you, Allison, Maggie, Colton, Millie, Jess, Michele, and Liam. Thanks for being who you are to me.)

That's really all I have to say. This next week is going to be another doozy. 

I'm teaching for the very first time on Tuesday. (Am I ready? NO.)
We have 3 rehearsals left for No Exit. (Are we ready? I think so.)
I have several other projects due. (Have I started them? Surprisingly, not at all.)
I'm turning 25 in exactly one week. (Has that sunk in? Nope nope nope.)

A lot is going to happen in the next few days. 

Part of me thinks I need a moment to catch my breath; but the other part of me knows that stopping for a moment would result in me completely melting down. 

The thing to remember is that we're almost there.

Almost. 



No comments:

Post a Comment