Monday, May 30, 2016

Week #21: A Tennessee Summer.



My 2016
Week #21



A Tennessee Summer.

I'm one week into my summer gig as a stage manager for Cumberland County Playhouse. I've also spent the past week trying to catch dinner, coffee or movie nights with all of the friends I have in the area. I'm currently living with my best friend and her family until my apartment I'm subletting opens up. 

It's been a good week. A week of remembering why I love Dayton, TN so freaking much.

My job is not what I thought it would be (but then, when is that ever the case?). I've never stage managed for ANYTHING before, so to be put in charge of a production like this is terrifying. Combine that with some short term memory issues that one of the leaders has and it makes a rather capricious situation. But I'm figuring it out...little by little. In a moment of clarity that is VERY much unlike me, I decided not to stress over it, but take it one day at a time.

Maybe I'm actually growing up a little after all?

This post will be short, because this week has been one of hearing "hello," "I've missed you so much," and "I'm so glad we have all summer to see each other." When I'm not working, I'm laying out at the pool attempting to get a decent tan, or curled up on the couch with my second family enjoying the feeling of familiar surroundings once again. 

So many things, so many people that are near and dear to my heart...right here, all summer long. Only a short drive away instead of 16 hours and a time zone separating us.

This summer is going to be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment