Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week #32: Friends.


My 2016
Week #32


Friends.

This past week I've been trying to accomplish a lot.

I'm trying to pack up everything I will need for school, plus find furniture for an apartment I've never seen before and have no idea how much room there will be in it. 

I'm trying to gear up for my first class I'm teaching while feeling totally unprepared and incredibly inadequate to educate anyone about anything.

I'm trying to lose weight, which means I've cut out a majority of my caffeine intake and have been walking around in a fog-like state of withdrawal. 

I'm trying to make sure I spend a decent amount of time with my family and friends, since I won't see them again until Thanksgiving.

And while I didn't feel like I conquered most of these things, spending time with friends was definitely accomplished. 

Early on in the week, I had a BFF night with my lifelong friend Morgan. We ended up having an incredible conversation and when I left, I felt closer to her than I have in a long time. It was sorely needed for us, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity we had to spend time together. 

The next day I drove to a local theatre to see an old friend perform in Spamalot, and I went with a bunch of high school friends I hadn't seen in ages. It was great to have the group united again, even if we were outside in the blazing heat surrounded by Appomattox people who don't understand the conventions of theatre. 

I also had a chance to have dinner with my dear friend Amanda, who has been in India for several months and has recently come back to the States. It was so wonderful to catch up and to hear about what the Lord has been doing in her life. We always have so much fun when we're together. 

On Sunday, my pastor got up to speak and, wouldn't you know, his sermon was on choosing your friends wisely. It was an incredible message, and I found myself so grateful for the people God has placed in my life over the last 10 years. So many friendships have continued to grow and transform into something really special to me, and this week was proof of the lasting relationships I have made through the years. I have tried to choose wisely, and I think that I have done rather well in that department. 

The rest of the week consisted of more packing, more list-making, and more stressing, but I'm glad that I was able to counteract those mundane things with lovely moments spent alongside lovely people. 

To my friends:
I love you guys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment