Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week #33: Life Goes On.


My 2016
Week #33


Life Goes On.

This past week (and then some) has centered around one very simple fact:

I'm getting older.

Now don't laugh. I know that I'm only 25, and in the grand scheme of things that's actually pretty young. But all week, I've been going to various doctor's appointments, and with each one I became more aware of the fact that I'm no longer this teenager with perfect health, limitless energy, stunning teeth, clear skin and exceptional eyesight.

When, for the first time in my life, I was struggling to read the 20/20 line of letters at the eye doctor, they told me I had a stigmatism in my right eye and that "most people at your age won't have 20/20 vision, even with corrective lenses." For some reason I got so freaked out by that. I've always been really healthy, in all areas. 

As my best friend later told me, "Congratulations--you've passed your peak." 

I realize I'm being a bit dramatic here. But it just kind of got me thinking. Life goes by so quickly. For awhile now I've been majorly stressing about money, school, comp exams, graduating, finding a job, getting health insurance, and basically not trusting the Lord to provide for me at all. 

I am getting older. But I still have so much life to live. Why spend it worrying about everything under the sun? God's got this.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. Preach girl. Pretty sure that starts when you become a Junior in High School...although nothing beats Senior year. o.O

    ReplyDelete