Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week #38: Rollercoaster.


My 2016
Week #38


Rollercoaster.

That title though.....I'm not even kidding in the slightest.

This past week genuinely had every emotion imaginable present itself to me within a 7 day span.

The moments where I felt on top of the world and as if everything was perfect? 
They were beyond great. 
Tartuffe auditions resulted in me being cast as Madame Pernelle, the sassy, judgmental mother.   
(Typecast much?) 
I'm very excited to be onstage once again and I have a feeling this is going to be my most beneficial experience yet. 
I went to an intramural soccer game 
(I know right, who am I?),
and it was one of the best things I've done since being at Tech. Besides being with people I like a lot, I also got to support one of those people in something they love, and that's a thing I've been wanting to do more of in my life. 
I spent the entire weekend with Allison, who has definitely become one of my very best friends here. She is so incredibly supportive, understanding and encouraging...plus she makes me laugh like crazy. I adore her. 

However, the moments when my stomach dropped and everything went blurry? 
They were beyond awful. 
Within our department, a lot of terrible events occurred in rapid succession...within a 2 day period. As a result, all of the grad students were called into a meeting where we were "scolded" (which really means yelled at) about something that none of us had done. The faculty were furious, we were confused, and when the meeting was over I just went to my office and sat in the dark for awhile, trying to clear my head and sort out my emotions. 
A few hours later, I was yelled at again for something over which I had no control (except this time it was in a public restaurant). 
My professor also made me cry--about something else entirely--in said restaurant...which fun fact, I rarely cry in front of people. 
So that was just a great experience all the way around. 

...Don't tell me that doesn't sound like a rollercoaster. 
In one week, I went through
Happiness,
Excitement,
Hope,
Infatuation,
Satisfaction,
Love,
Gratitude,
Confusion,
Anger,
Frustration,
Embarrassment,
Sorrow,
Guilt,
Resentment,
and more I can't think of at the moment. Or probably shouldn't say. 

But at the end of the week, I realized that I needed to let it all go. 
Sometimes weeks are just ROUGH. 
That doesn't mean they can't have beautiful moments (mine definitely did). 
Time to hold on to what mattered and walk away from the things that won't when next week rolls around. 

Here's to a new week, my readers. May it give you the ride of your life. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment