Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week #11: Opportunities All Around.



My 2016
Week #11



Opportunities All Around.


This has been the first full week of Spring Quarter, and suffice it to say, I'm already feeling overwhelmed. I knew it would be a tough quarter; while I'm only taking one academic class, the rest of my time is taken with being a TA for a Theatre Appreciation class, shop hours, being the Assistant Director for Love's Labour's Lost, and directing our grad production of No Exit. After two days, I realized that I was in for a crazy ten weeks. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out how everything is going to come together.

However, there have been several wonderful moments about this week, despite the feeling of complete chaos and craziness. Our graduate showcase is going to be a whirlwind of stress and obstacles, but I know that when the show finally happens it will be well worth it. We've only had 3 rehearsals, but the cast has so much potential and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

This opportunity I have to TA is terrifying to me. I have never taught in a setting like this, and feel so unqualified to teach these kids anything. But I know that if teaching is truly what I want to do someday, I have to try it. I have to figure out if I'm even...good at it. Getting up in front of 45 undergrads to talk about theatre will be incredibly scary, but I know that I"ll be glad of the opportunity.

And that's really what this quarter comes down to for me: opportunities. There are many things about my duties here that I don't particularly enjoy or care for, but I know that facing them as opportunities for growth will radically change the way I view them.

This is a very brief post, but that's really all I have to say.

Here's to a brand new week, my readers. May you look at the obstacles in your life as merely chances to become a better version of yourself. May you strive to overcome the difficulties and work through the fear. Whatever's waiting on the other side will be far better, I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment