Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Week #29: Last Night of Summer.

My 2016
Week #29


Last Night of Summer.

Well.

I'm sitting here, in my little cozy apartment, trying to think of an adequate way to sum up what this summer has meant to me. 

Now that I'm looking back on the last 8 weeks, it's hard to believe that everything really happened the way that it did. It seems ridiculous that just last week, we were performing the show that I never thought would come together, to large audiences who responded very positively. It seems incomprehensible that two entire months have gone by and I have lived every single day in between.

Where does time go? That's such a cliche statement, but really...how have 8 weeks already come and gone; all of the experiences, the stress, the tears, the burdens, the joys, the friends, the accomplishments, the victories...now just a distant memory?

The past week was a complete blur (as so many of my weeks seem to be). We had 7 performances, all of which went off without any major hiccups. It was great to sit behind the production table and realize that I had actually done it...I had done what I never thought I could do. It was a wonderful feeling, and I am extremely glad that I chose to take this opportunity. It was all worth it in the end. 

Then again, isn't it always? 

I'm sad to leave tomorrow. Tennessee has always had my heart for various reasons throughout the years, and now is no different. There's something inherently special about this state, about this town. It holds so many amazing memories for me, and now I can add this summer to the bank of treasured moments from this "little mountain town."

This has been a summer of sunshine,
of friendships,
of confusion,
of facing my fears,
of accepting challenges,
of putting myself out there,
of letting my hesitations go,
of being open to possibilities,
of repairing what was broken,
of loving those near me,
of making new friends,
and so much more. 

Yeah. I'd say it was a major success.




No comments:

Post a Comment