Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week #26: Nothing is Wasted.


My 2016
Week #26


Nothing is Wasted.

I'll be honest. This week has been pretty doggone rough. The situation in which I find myself this summer is very frustrating and filled with people who take me for granted, expect me to do everything and are unnecessarily rude. I will be the first person to say that I see the inherent value of the experience; I know I'm learning more about myself and my strengths/weaknesses through it. However, it is emotionally draining and I have come home almost every night just....weary, both physically and mentally. 

This weekend was a bright spot in the midst of the gloom-my dear friend Naomi came to visit. Her laughter, encouragement and loyalty were just what I needed to remind me of what's important in life. I am so grateful for her. :)

Today, the pastor at church was talking about Saul and how God completely changed his life; only through his past mistakes could he really be used by the Lord in an incredible way. The pastor said, 

"Jesus doesn't waste anything in your life."

Such a simple statement, but such a wonderful reminder. God uses every part of our life to prepare us for what we are created to do. 

Every mistake, 
Every failed relationship,
Every bad decision,
Every unkind word, 
Every negative attitude,
Every frustrating person...

Even my summer job that was nothing like I anticipated and completely saps out my motivation and love of theatre with every rehearsal...

Even that is being used for a specific reason and is molding me for something later on. 

It's still going to be difficult, but at least now I know at the end of the day, I can look back on this experience and see how it has helped me to grow as an artist and as a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment